Optical glass lenses are used to make glass materials for lenses, prisms, mirrors, windows, etc. of optical instruments or mechanical systems. Optical glass has a high degree of transparency, a high degree of uniformity in chemistry and physics (structure and properties), and specific and precise optical constants. So what's the difference between optical glass lenses and optical resin lenses? optical glass dome manufacturer shares with you:
First, the advantages and disadvantages of optical glass cylinder lenses
Advantages: low dispersion coefficient at high refractive index, good hardness, easy staining, good light transmission, thin contrast lens, UV protection, suitable for full-frame glasses, the refractive index of glass lenses is 1.7-1.89.
Disadvantages: heavy lenses, fragile, poor impact resistance, unsuitable for children and adolescents, low safety, not suitable for half-frame, frameless spectacle frames.
Optical Glue Lens
Advantages and disadvantages of optical resin lenses
1. Light weight. It is equivalent to half to one third of the weight of glass lenses.
2, not easy to break: If the lens is broken, not only the number of fragments, but also less sharp, can make the situation of eyeballs and face injuries to a minimum.
3. Able to dye: The resin lens can be dyed simply, and it can be moderately matched with clothing and prevailing. Can block ultraviolet rays: It can completely block ultraviolet rays below 350mm, which is far better than glass lenses.
4. Strong anti-fog property: Because the thermal conductivity of resin lenses is lower than that of glass, it is not easy to have ambiguous scenes due to steam and hot water. Even if it is ambiguous, it will quickly decline.
5, can prevent dents: usually high-heat and small-volume substances simply form dents and mottles on the glass sheet, but if it comes into contact with the resin lens, it will automatically pop open without forming any marks on the lens surface.
1. Simple abrasion: The scratch resistance of resin lenses is worse than that of glass lenses, but it can be improved by external hardening, but the effect is limited.
3. Simple deformation occurs when framing: This is because the density of plastic lenses is lower than that of glass lenses.
4. Not resistant to high temperature: Although the resin is a thermosetting raw material, once the multilayer film is coated, the appearance of the multilayer film may crack due to high temperature.